Wednesday, April 8, 2009

The Shift And Why It's Freaking Me Out!

So I listen to a lot of podcasts. I have an hour and a half commute each way, 5 days a week, so when I say "a lot" I mean "A LOT." Many of the podcasts I listen to have something to do with the metaphysical world, mostly because I get enough of the everyday rat race at work, on the news, etc., and I like to stay informed on what's happening in other communities. Well, lately they are talking about this "Shift" a lot.

From what I understand, the Shift is supposed to begin or happen on December 21, 2012. It's the end of the Mayan calendar and somehow that means the end of the world as we know it. Now, that is where they lose me. Not all the people who talk about it think it means the world will "end" but rather there will be an enormous shift in the way we live, think, grow, and it will be caused by something cataclysmic.


Like all "end of days" proclaimers they have lots of scientific proof to back them up, the raising of the earth's energetic harmonics, the melting of the polar ice caps, the increase in catastrophic natural disasters, but they also have a lot of "psychic" proof. That's where I get a little doubtful. Don't get me wrong, I totally believe in the validity of SOME psychics. There are some people out there with enormous gifts and I am completely jealous! But there are also a lot of people out there looking to make a buck and willing to tell people anything if it will sell their next book, get them on that talk show, etc.

What freaks me out is my own spirit guide's reaction to my questions about the Shift. I ask her if it's real and if it's coming when they say, how is it coming, etc. She just says there is no point worrying about it, there is no need for me to know more than I do, and that I should really focus on becoming a healer in every way possible as it will be a very useful tool later on. That's when my head snaps around and my jaw falls open. It's so important for me to become a healer, eh? I know that it is what I am drawn to, it's what I want more than anything, but I'm stuck in a place where I don't have enough money to take the classes I want, the vacation time to take up that three week apprenticeship I want, etc. So I'm learning what I can when I can and soaking it up like a sponge.

In the meantime I'm listening a lot more intently to these Shift predictions and trying really hard to keep an open but practical mind. How many times have people freaked out about the end of the world? Y2K anyone? Don't expect to find me on some mountain top, head shaved, and waiting for that spaceship to come and take us all away...but you may find me watching "The Day After Tomorrow" with a little more reverence.

No comments:

Post a Comment