Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Take THAT Cortison Cream!

My poor hunny has been suffering an itchy rash on her forearms which she gets when she gets a lot of sun. It's uncomfortable and annoying and typically means that she'll go through about 2 tubes of Cortison cream before it clears up. Well, had had made a very nice oil for just such occasions and it was finally ready for use this past week.

I took 2 ounces of Sweet Almond Oil, a pinch of Calendula, Chamomile and Marshmallow root and allowed it to sit in a cool place for 3 weeks. I then removed the herbs and spread some of the oil on her itchy rash on Monday night instead of the Cortison. Tuesday morning it looked much better. By Tuesday night she said it was so itchy that she had to use the cream but I convinced her to use it on only one arm and use my oil on the other. She did and in 15 minutes she washed off the arm with Cortison and put the oil on the other arm. She said the itching was gone from the oil arm and the cream arm was killing her. So today she is looking much better and the itching is completely gone. Woohoo!

Needless to say I did a little Herbal Victory dance on our way out the door. It is my goal to eventually get rid of all our OTC medicine and have a cabinet filled with homeopathic (if not handmade) remedies. I think I might have to sell this oil. Smells so yummy!

1 comment:

  1. Huh, that's so weird, because I think that is what I got for the first time a couple of days ago.

    I thought it was from getting to friendly with Viper's Bugloss with bare arms, but perhaps not!

    This is something that you should whip up for your shop!

    ReplyDelete