Monday, May 11, 2009

Herbs and Chemotherapy

Last night I chatted with some fellow Etsians and discovered that there are quite a few of us out there who are struggling or have struggled with cancer. A very nice woman began asking me about my Tummy tea for her nausea due to the chemotherapy. The entire conversation brought up an interesting idea, creating teas and other herbal products for people suffering the effects of chemotherapy, radiation, and cancer itself. She challenged me, well challenge may not be the word, to create a tea for her so today I am spending a lot of time researching the herbs I have as well as other beneficial herbs that will address those particular concerns.

The only problem is that there are so many side effects and so many herbs that in order to address them all in one tea I'd have about 10 different herbs and I don't think that would create a tea people would WANT to drink. hahaha So perhaps I will have to separate them into different teas, teas that help nausea, teas that help keep nutrients in the body and stimulate the immune system, teas that help keep up brain function and ease the pain in joints. There is quite a lot that can be done...now to find just the right herbs and tea combination to make them delicious as well as helpful...oh, and come up with good names for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment