Thursday, July 9, 2009

Wedding Plans and MOBs

My mother is FINALLY getting excited about the wedding, thank goodness! I've been going what feels like boxing rounds with her and she has been second-guessing everything, right down to our color scheme. Then she came at me crying with the feeling that she isn't involved in the wedding at all and I'm her only child, etc.
I'll be honest, as much as I love my mother, and I LOVE my mother, I was getting...frustrated. Then I realized that my partner and I had been planning this whole thing together, looking at pictures, going back and forth on how things would look, etc., and my mother hadn't even seen anything yet and was going on her own imagination.
So I took a couple hours the other day and put together a little visual presentation using the pictures we liked, colors, ideas, actual products we were going to get, etc. She called me after looking at it and I could hear the excitement in her voice. She had some good points and some good ideas, and it was so nice!

3 comments:

  1. It's hard for mother's to not be involved. I always think it's true that they want to plan their daughters because they didn't get to plan theirs.

    My mom picked the flowers, picked the bridemaids dresses and colors. I had watched my older sisters wedding and my younger sisters wedding. I decided it was a battle I didn't want to do. I bought my dress, I picked out the invitations and where the wedding was. I showed up. LOL

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good to hear that you are on the same page now. This process should be a jubilant one, and perhaps nothing puts a bigger damper on a wedding than a schism between the bride and her mom.

    I am happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't imagine how excited you are.Good thinking about the visual presentation and great job that your mom liked it.Thanks for sharing and keep posting for more.

    ReplyDelete